Aug 24, 2007

Travel Season Begins

Fall is the busy season for me and travel plans for the rest of the year are shaping up with several hopelessly photogenic destinations on the horizon. I am off to Tucson, Arizona Labor Day weekend, a part of the country I’ve haven’t been to yet. Looking forward to photographing all the desert has to offer and driving a car. It’s been almost a year since I’ve sat behind a wheel which is typical of Manhattan dwellers, most of whom don’t own cars. Which reminds me, I need to book a rental.

Mexico is on the docket for October. I have a friend in Mexico City who knows all the great places to travel and the best way to get there. One could spend a lifetime exploring Mexico. My visit will coincide with the Day of The Dead festival, which I will write more about in a later post. I experienced it two years ago in Oaxaca and it’s something not to be missed if you have the opportunity. This trip to Mexico will include Real de Catorce, a ghost town in the desert, and the charming colonial town of San Miguel de Allende.

November looks like it will bring a trip to Kenya’s Masai Mara. I was last there about six years ago. I’m looking forward to spending some quality time with my husband, a wildlife buff who loves all creatures big and small. It will also be a great time to be completely removed from all and take it easy.

And of course I’ll see what else I can squeeze in before the end of the year. Perhaps a few days in Los Angeles of which I need a dose. One of my homes away from home (the others are India and the U.K.), it’s been more than a year since my last visit and I’m suffering from withdrawal.

1 comment:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

What a very incredible life you lead!