Jan 26, 2010

Taxis From Around The World

Taxis in some of the world’s cities can be as iconic as famous landmarks.

London’s cab drivers are perhaps the best in the world. They undertake a rigorous test and must know the massive city’s roads and ancient alleys well. But this comes at a price. A ride in a London taxis is among the most expensive in the world.

More eco friendly vehicles are slowly replacing Mexico City’s green Volkswagen Beatle taxis.

New York City’s yellow cabs are always in abundance except when it rains, during rush hour and on New Year’s Eve.

I love the red color of Hong Kong’s taxis and how the driver presses a lever to automatically open the doors before you step in.

Where have you taken a ride in a taxi that could be considered iconic?

9 comments:

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Interesting about those Hong Kong taxis. Never knew that about them! I read somewhere that London taxis were voted the world's most popular :)

Fly Girl said...

I'll always remember by London black cab ride. I actually left a handmade, pink top hat I had bought at Camden Market in it. I traveled all the way to the main offices to search the lost and found but nothing.

Alpana said...

Tuk tuks (auto rickshaws) in India are the most iconic taxis I've ever taken!

Anil said...

Hmmm...London were the first that came to mine. I'll go with Alpana and say India taxis are fairly iconic and memorable as well.

Photo Cache said...

Your blog is fabulous. I especially love your "from around the world" series. Great job.

Prêt à Voyager said...

i was always a fan of the hot pink taxis in bangkok :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne_ditty/2734979313/in/set-72157606563885355/

anne

Wendy said...

Jen, I'm not surprised. London taxis are so iconic.

Fly Girl, Ouch on leaving the hat.

Alpana and Anil, I'm going to India later this year and can't wait to travel in auto rickshaws.

Photo Cache, Thank you so much for your kind words.

Anne, I must get to Bangkok.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Thank you for your outstanding perceptions https://www.drdabber.com/collections/cbd