Nov 7, 2010

Doors From Around The World

How many times have you wondered what is behind some of the more intriguing doors you come across when traveling?


This large wooden door of the Capilla de la Expiacion in the Plaza de Santo Domingo in Mexico City dwarfs the woman walking by.


This door with the American flag and handprints can be found in Taos Pueblo, New Mexico.


Certain countries consistently have the most beautiful doors. Morocco is one. The one pictured here is in the medina of Essaouira and features the perfect Moroccan blue.


India is another country that does not disappoint in the door department. Fit for royalty it resides in the City Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan.

Which of the above doors would you like to open?

10 comments:

Meena Venkataraman said...

Love the idea..

The Moroccon door if particularly pretty..
But top of my list is the Indian Door :)

Lakshmi said...

wonderful concept and great compositions..would love to see more. Im fascinated by buildings, doors, windows as well..was taking some pics in Kochi - Jew town

Kristina said...

The one in Marocco - I simply love this blue!!!
Viele Gruesse, Kristina

Wendy said...

Meena, The palace door is spectacular.

Lakshmi, In my next life I hope to come back as a talented architect.

Kristina, Morocco has the most perfect blue.

Photo Cache said...

I love doors (and windows). I'm glad you're doing this series. Once upon a time, there was a blog that featured doors around the world and people contribute images to that blog, but somehow it's no longer active.

Bronwyn said...

May I suggest Tanzania for some excellent doors?

Anil said...

The first place that came to mind when I read the title was Morocco. Lovely to see it here in well, such a lovely way.

Catherine said...

love the selection - I will choose the blue door please...

Wendy said...

Photo Cache, I'm glad you like this series. I enjoy running it.

Bronwyn--Please do. Zanzibar comes to mind.

Anil, Thank you.

Catherine, All yours.

Heather on her travels said...

Like you I've been struck by doors in back streets that are beautifuly carved - especially in the mediteranean - I even started collecting photos of them like you. Love the bright blue one from Essaouria. http://www.flickr.com/photos/heatheronhertravels/sets/72157607412361334/