Sep 8, 2008

Hats From Around The World

They are worn to make a fashion statement, to protect the head from the elements, to honor one’s faith or to hide bed head. Just about everyone owns a hat.

Calling the above hats is an understatement. These magnificent turbans were on display in the Pink City of Jaipur, India.

These woven caps were abundant and so were the colors that made them stand out in Marrakesh, Morocco’s souk.

Cowboy hats are worn throughout Mexico. They were on sale at an artisans market in Mexico City. Check out the scorpion logo.

Previous Posts In This Series:
Shoes
Mailboxes
Laundry

10 comments:

Lakshmi said...

great series..enjoyed the pictures..u have a great eye for detail

Anonymous said...

Hats - Too good.
Hats off.

Sara said...

I have to agree with Lakshmi - I love this series!

Anonymous said...

Very cool series. Creative!

Wendy said...

Lakshmi, Hobo, Sara and Lola,
Thank you so much. I'm glad you like this series and your feedback is appreciated. It helps guide what I blog about.

Anonymous said...

Even I like this series very much.

Hats off to you !

Unknown said...

I love it. I'm a total hat girl. One of my favorite things while traveling overseas was photographing hats for sale in local markets, particularly Ireland.

Wendy said...

Lauren,
Markets are so photogenic.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! One could do an entire book on hats of the world, I suspect! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

Laura,
A book would be a lot of fun.