Mar 30, 2009

Published Photographs: Taipei 101 Edition

Access to a view not available to the general public and clear blue skies are part of the key ingredients when photographing a city’s major icons. This was the case with Taipei 101 Tower when I was in Taipei a few years ago.

I never made it to the top of the skyscraper. The finishing touches were still being put on what was at the time was the world’s tallest building. These photographs have appeared in magazines, newspapers, advertisements, brochures and books.

9 comments:

Final_Transit said...

Nice! The tower is so tall that the buildings around it look like slums!

Lakshmi said...

Thats quite a tall structure..everythg else looks so dwarfed..

Serena said...

Amazing photo...love the fact that it stands out as a single piece.

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Like a finger pointing to the sky...

Fly Girl said...

Stunning! I had no idea Tapei had such a towering building. I guess our Sears Tower is way outdated!

GMG said...

Hi Wendy! They are wonderful! No wonder they were published..

Now, one week working without coming here and you don’t even remember that
Blogtrotter still exists. But it’s there, even if India 2008 has come to an end… ;)).
Have a great weekend!

Carrie said...

It's really too bad that you didn't make it to the top of 101 when you were in Taipei. The view is incredible, whether it's day or night. May I ask why? Usually they have tours running all day.

Anyways, I just found your blog and wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm enjoying your posts on Mexico as my husband and I tied the knot there in December.

I'll certainly be back for more!

Wendy said...

Hi Carrie,
They were just putting the finishing touches on the Tower when I was there so the top wasn't open yet. Glad you are enjoying the Mexico posts. More to come. Congrats on tying the knot.

Prêt à Voyager said...

wow! that tower is insanely tall! i hate to be stuck on the top floor during a fire drill ;)

anne