Apr 18, 2008

London Bound

I’m taking a red eye to London tonight for a short-ish business trip. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve transited through Heathrow in the last few years without leaving the airport.

London was a big part of my life for about a decade. In addition to living and working in London for a year I would travel there frequently for business and thanks to a long distance romance (I never had a knack for falling in love with men in my own backyard) to see my beau at the time.

While 90% of this trip is for business--I’ll be wearing my journalist hat--there will be a little time to visit my old neighborhood and other places I used to haunt. Can’t wait to see how it has changed and to spend a little time in this city that I love. London I’ve missed you.

As always I have posts lined up for next week.


GMG said...

Hi Wendy! Hope you enjoy London!
Just wanted to say thanks for your comments on my blogs. This weekend, I’m going to take a musical break, and next week I’ll make a very short trip, crossing South Atlantic. I’ll try to catch up with your posts as soon as possible. Meanwhile, leave you with some chocolate champagne truffles at Blogtrotter.
Have a lovely weekend and an excellent week!

Wendy said...

Hi Gil,
Thank you. Chocolate champagne truffles?-I'm coming over...

bellamocha said...

I hope you're enjoying your trip to London! We spent our last 2 days in the UK in London, doing things we hadn't done before there-it was wonderful!

Wendy said...

Hi Bella,
Thank you. The trip was good but short.