Sep 29, 2009

Asia Bound

I’m heading to Tokyo and Seoul today for a few weeks. It will be my first trip to Seoul and a day will also be spent in the DMZ. Both of these cities are prime for night photography so I’ll be on the go from early morning until well after the sun sets.

For once the long haul flight will not be dreaded. I’ll be riding at the front of the plane thanks to frequent flier miles put to good use. As always there are posts lined up while I’m away and there will be plenty to follow when I return. If any of my readers have been to Seoul and have suggestions for good eats and off the beaten path places to see your suggestions would be appreciated.

Photograph: Wooden Blocks with Prayers Meiji Shrine, Tokyo.

7 comments:

Lola said...

Sounds like an exciting time! Looking forward to tons of photos.

cheap hotel at london said...

It was a great news, good luck for your Journey. Tokyo is a nice palce to visit hope you will share your experiences there.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How exciting! Have a safe trip!

I just came back from a long vacation visiting national parks in the West!

Wendy said...

Thank you all. Was a great trip. Plenty of posts to follow.

Erica said...

Hi Wendy, Before today - as you can notice from my lack of comments the recent weeks - I haven't read your blog for quite some.

If you ever visit Seoul again, do get in touch with Felicia (if you don't know her already - I know the blogging world can be small sometimes) of http://nearandfar.wordpress.com/ who hopefully can give you some tips on things to do and see in the city. If not, you can always just read her blog (which is a favorite of mine). Well worth reading and often beautiful photos.

Erica said...

By the way, out of curiosity, how come you're not displaying your surname in your blog profile in the right sidebar? Is it because of anonymity?

Wendy said...

Hi Erica, Welcome back. I am familiar with Felicia's blog and thought about contacting her before I left but ran out of time. I worked as an editor/journalist for a publishing company for many years and kept the blog semi-anonymous out of respect to my employer. I left that job earlier this year and am now freelance (journalism, writing and photography) and have left it that way for the time being.