Feb 6, 2011

Hong Kong’s Tallest Building

The latest edition to Hong Kong's skyline is also the special administrative region’s tallest. Located in West Kowloon the International Commerce Centre (ICC) in Union Square was completed in 2010.


At 108 stories it is also amongst the tallest buildings in the world. The hotel's lobby is the highest on earth at 1,394 feet - even higher than the Park Hyatt in the Shanghai World Financial Center. Meanwhile, the Jin Mao Tower, WFC’s neighbor in Shanghai, boasts the world’s highest post office.

ICC has an observation deck on the 100th floor that is open to the public.

What is the tallest building from which you have taken in surrounding views?

6 comments:

Fly Girl said...

Just reading this gives me a nose bleed. As a Chicagoan, I transcend the heights of the Sears Tower every year and still am not that crazy about the height.

Wendy said...

I have a fear of heights as well but am fine as long as the view is enclosed by windows.

Andrew Graeme Gould said...

How Hong Kong has changed since my last visit many years ago, to what was even them a dazzling mixture of old and new. Great post...

Wendy said...

Andrew,
It has been three years since my last visit and so much had changed in that amount of time.

Affitto Vacanza Toscana said...

I am amazed! This really sounds great but at the same time as i have fear of heights i would not even try to go at its last floor.

Jonny Blair said...

I live in Hong Kong and I always wondered which was the highest between this and the tower on Hong Kong Island. I've not been to the top of this one, but I believe it houses the world's highest bar. Do you know if that's true? Jonny (http://dontstopliving.net)